News Gear release news, music news, and more.
- Quilter Introduces the Aviator Cubby firstname.lastname@example.org on March 8, 2021 at 4:22 pm
A single-channel amp that aims to cop three different American-flavored voices.
- SolidGoldFX Unveils the Imperial MkIIby email@example.com on March 5, 2021 at 4:21 pm
A fashionable fuzz that uses a JFET preamp and includes a noise gate.
- Electro-Harmonix Releases the 15-Watt Howitzerby firstname.lastname@example.org on March 5, 2021 at 4:13 pm
An ultra compact 15-watt amp that works with any speaker rated at 8 or 16 ohms.
- Cicognani Engineering Releases the SexyBoost2 Dual Channel Tube Boosterby email@example.com on March 4, 2021 at 8:12 pm
An analog, tube-driven boost pedal centered around a 12AU7.
- St. Vincent Announces New Album, Daddy’s Homeby firstname.lastname@example.org on March 4, 2021 at 3:10 pm
Watch a retro-flavored video of the first track, “Pay Your Way In Pain.”
Guitar Gear Finder Guitar lessons, guides, gear reviews, and more to help you become a better guitarist for guitarists of all skill levels
- Ultimate Guide to DAW Controllers (Best MIDI Controllers in 2021)by Aaron Matthies on March 4, 2021 at 4:27 am
Learn why DAW controllers are so useful, what features to look for, and the best DAW controllers to check out. Find out how to control your DAW using different controllers in this guide. The post Ultimate Guide to DAW Controllers (Best MIDI Controllers in 2021) appeared first on Guitar Gear Finder.
- How to Get Better at Rhythm Skills on Guitar: Bite-Size Guitar Podcast Episode 29by Aaron Matthies on March 1, 2021 at 1:36 am
Find out the three ways you can get better at rhythm on guitar. If you can work on all three methods, you’ll be able to learn songs faster, understand rhythm parts better, and feel more confident on guitar. The post How to Get Better at Rhythm Skills on Guitar: Bite-Size Guitar Podcast Episode 29 appeared first on Guitar Gear Finder.
- Ultimate Guide to Drum VST Plugins (Best Free and Paid Plugins)by Aaron Matthies on February 25, 2021 at 11:10 pm
Learn everything you need to know to start using drum plugins to create your own virtual drum tracks. See the best free and paid drum plugins and how to use them. The post Ultimate Guide to Drum VST Plugins (Best Free and Paid Plugins) appeared first on Guitar Gear Finder.
- Why Guitarists Argue About 3NPS and CAGED Systems: Bite-Size Guitar Podcast Episode 28by Aaron Matthies on February 19, 2021 at 12:11 am
Find out why so many guitarists argue about CAGED and 3NPS systems and why it matters. Understanding why people argue about these systems helps you avoid getting sucked into bad advice. The post Why Guitarists Argue About 3NPS and CAGED Systems: Bite-Size Guitar Podcast Episode 28 appeared first on Guitar Gear Finder.
- How to Get Better at Guitar Scales: Bite-Size Guitar Podcast Episode 27by Aaron Matthies on February 10, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Find out how to get better at guitar scales and why some guitarists mistakenly think scales are boring to learn. Includes handy scales resources. The post How to Get Better at Guitar Scales: Bite-Size Guitar Podcast Episode 27 appeared first on Guitar Gear Finder.
Guitar – gear, reviews, lessons, and discussion for everyone! Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information and entertainment. This is a forum where guitarists, from novice to experienced, can explore the world of guitar through a variety of media and discussion. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field or ask the community. The best place to start if you’re new is right below in our "Rules" section. Thanks for visiting.
- [NEWBIE] Instead of buying new gear to motivate me, I decided to purchase lessons instead!by /u/retrieverjoe on March 9, 2021 at 2:26 am
For context, it’s been about a year since I consistently played guitar. Major life changes and other hobbies lead me to take a break. Before that, I had only been playing for about a year and a half. I posted a couple of days ago asking if new gear helps when you’re in a rut. Most said no, and instead suggested learning a new genre of music. So, instead of buying new gear to motivate me, I decided to purchase lessons from a local music shop! I’m very excited, as this will be my first time taking guitar lessons in about 2 years. I really want to learn new things, other than just songs. I’ve told myself as a reward for my progress, I’ll buy myself my first MIM Strat or Tele around my birthday, which happens to be in May 🙂 submitted by /u/retrieverjoe [link] [comments]
- [QUESTION] What should I learn to get better overall and specifically why?by /u/UsernaemAlreadyTaken on March 9, 2021 at 2:13 am
I play guitar as a hobby, no plans to play professionally or play at a church or anything like that. This is just for myself to enjoy and do something other than be on a phone. I’ve been “playing” for maybe 2 years, very inconsistent though like barely picking it up, been getting serious a few weeks ago. When I play I just practice songs I know or try and find a new one to play. But I want to get better overall at many aspects of guitar instead of just looking up song tutorials every time I play. I already know people suggest things like scales or learn music theory, but what specific things should I learn and if it’s something like scales, why should I learn it and how can I use and apply it to be better? Thanks submitted by /u/UsernaemAlreadyTaken [link] [comments]
- [QUESTION] [NEWBIE] tele or mustang?by /u/bigfatchild999 on March 9, 2021 at 1:22 am
I’ve been considering getting a new guitar, and I’m torn between a Squire Telecaster and a Squire Mustang. What are some pros and cons of each? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/bigfatchild999 [link] [comments]
- [Question] How do I utilize modes in my playingby /u/trust-is-a-scam on March 9, 2021 at 1:07 am
I have a pretty basic understanding of what modes are. I think that to really understand modes I would have to practice them and I’m not really sure how to do that. With scales it was easy to practice bc you just go over them until you memorize them and you understand the theory behind it after. What approach can I take to learn how use modes in my playing. submitted by /u/trust-is-a-scam [link] [comments]
- [PLAY] Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train soloby /u/tattooedgorilla on March 9, 2021 at 1:02 am
Went and covered Crazy Train’s guitar solo. Really fun one to play, one of those solos that you can play differently every time and it still sounds great. Thanks for watching! https://youtu.be/WAy5yubVF5A submitted by /u/tattooedgorilla [link] [comments]
- [PLAY] Visions by Haken Guitar Solo Coverby /u/zaltyow on March 9, 2021 at 12:56 am
Amazing solo from an absolutely amazing song. This one is a lot of fun to play, any feedback is appreciated! submitted by /u/zaltyow [link] [comments]