News Gear release news, music news, and more.
- Boss Announces the OC-5 Octave Pedalon September 17, 2020 at 12:11 pm
The OC-5 features a new Vintage mode, polyphonic enhancements, and an octave-up feature for extended range.
- Big Ear Pedals Announces the Albieby email@example.com on September 16, 2020 at 5:54 pm
The pedal features eight different settings specifically built and curated to cover jangly, shimmering, modulated sounds.
- Electro-Harmonix Unveils the Pitch Fork+by firstname.lastname@example.org on September 15, 2020 at 6:52 pm
A polyphonic pitch shifter/harmony pedal equipped with two independent pitch shifting engines.
- Eventide Releases the Blackhole Reverb Pedalby email@example.com on September 15, 2020 at 3:50 pm
The Blackhole algorithm was introduced in Eventide’s DSP4000 Ultra-Harmonizer hardware processor and is now available in a pedal format.
- Fender Announces the Kenny Wayne Shepherd Signature Stratocasterby firstname.lastname@example.org on September 15, 2020 at 1:46 pm
It features a chambered ash body, Transparent Faded Sonic Blue lacquer finish and early ‘60s “C”-shaped maple neck.
Guitar – gear, reviews, lessons, and discussion for everyone! Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information and entertainment. This is a forum where guitarists, from novice to experienced, can explore the world of guitar through a variety of media and discussion. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field or ask the community. The best place to start if you’re new is right below in our "Rules" section. Thanks for visiting.
- [Question] What is a good non-expensive electric guitar for a beginner?by /u/dummydotorg on September 19, 2020 at 2:35 am
I know absolutely nothing about guitars, but want an electric one for my upcoming birthday. Price range would be around 200-300 I’m not sure if it was an electric , but I really like the riff(?) in Rina Sawayama’s song, XS. Anything close to that would be cool, thankss. submitted by /u/dummydotorg [link] [comments]
- [GEAR] My power supply came in today so I finally set up my first board.by /u/eductionaddict on September 19, 2020 at 2:15 am
https://imgur.com/gallery/FsmUq3b I started playing again recently after a 2 year hiatus when my guitars and amp were stolen. They were going to steal the few pedals I had but I managed to swipe the backpack they had them in. They’ve been sitting in a dusty backpack for the last two years but I got them out once I started playing again and decided to add on to them and finally build a pedal board. Here’s the finished product! Chain Epiphone 355 with Gibson 57/super 57 > Vox 847-c > Boss NS2 > Walrus 385 > 84 Boss DS1 > EHX Big Muff tone wicker > Boss super octave > back to the NS2 > Boss super Chorus > Boss BF2 > Walrus Monument > Boss DD7> EHX Oceans 11 > Walrus Slö/Fathom dual > into a Vox AC30HW Board is powered by a Walrus Phoenix submitted by /u/eductionaddict [link] [comments]
- [Question] Connecting single coil humbucker to push pull potby /u/kwung on September 19, 2020 at 2:07 am
I have an Epiphone Les Paul traditional pro 3, and i wanna swap its pickups to SD Slash Alnico pro 2 humbuckers. When i opened up the back cover, i realize that my original pickups are coil split. Since the SD pickups are single conductor humbuckers, how do i connect it to the push pull volume pots? submitted by /u/kwung [link] [comments]
- [GEAR] So I played a Strandberg todayby /u/Wolf_Puppy on September 19, 2020 at 1:41 am
I was at my local Guitar Center today, and I saw a used Strandberg high up on the wall–it was a Boden Classic 6 Trem Graphite. I just had to try it, because I have always wanted a Strandberg (and I’m a big Plini fan), but they’re more expensive than I deserve at my current skill level (I’ve always played Variaxes over the years for their tone variety, and currently play a JTV-69). As soon as I picked up the Strandberg, it was love. It’s just like how I felt when I picked up a Parker Fly way back in the late 90’s. So light, so comfortable, and plays so smoothly (and I always regretted not buying a Parker before they went out of business, but the nice models were also priced higher than I felt I deserved). That EndurNeck design–I really didn’t even think about it while playing, and then I remembered it had that special neck design, and really paid attention. That’s how comfortable and natural the neck was–I didn’t even notice it. But then when I did and started playing up and down the neck to test how it felt ergonomically, it was very comfortable and made a lot of sense. It’s not a must-have for me, but it doesn’t get in the way either. I didn’t even remember it was multi-scale and just played it normally. Only just now did I remember it’s multi-scale. I think it’s because the scale difference is so minor compared to on a bass, such as the Dingwall NG-2 I had, which is a 3-inch difference from highest to lowest string. The body design that allows classical sitting position is so nice too. Very comfortable. As for the tone, very nice as well. The humbucker is more in-your-face than I thought it would be, but very nice. Just amazing overall. Maybe one day I’ll own a Strandberg. submitted by /u/Wolf_Puppy [link] [comments]
- [NEWBIE] Hey everyone! I’m looking to play In Bloom by Nirvana for my first song on acoustic guitar. Does anybody have any tips for learning this song and/or guitar in general?by /u/yolkymcgee on September 19, 2020 at 1:17 am
Just what the title says really. submitted by /u/yolkymcgee [link] [comments]
- [Question] midi files into guitar proby /u/Superpickle456 on September 19, 2020 at 12:54 am
Whenever i put a midi file into guitar pro, it goes in weirdly. Rhythms are off, some notes are missing, and there are long strings of tied notes. How do i go about putting midi files into guitar pro without this happening? submitted by /u/Superpickle456 [link] [comments]